Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day one back in Ghana...

I must have seen Accra, Ghana last time through rose coloured glasses...
for today as I wind through the streets in the back of a taxi for well over four hours just to get to my bank, run to market, and look for converter plugs (in 3 different storage containers converted to stores, I might add) inhaling the fumes from the big trucks and their diesel engines, feeling the immense heat, dealing with a headache, seeing people EVERYWHERE yelling, laughing, arguing and yet living socially together…. I wondered... with all of this noise and pollution how I can I possibly feel such a peace about being here again?

Just thought I’d share a little of my life today and remind you how good we really have it in Canada -- NOT to emphasize the craziness in Ghana, but to recognize how peaceful it is to be where you are called to be…
Through all of this madness we call life, isn’t it great when you feel peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment