We set up the PI table at her fundraising breakfast on Saturday and I was the guest speaker for that also. We then left Sunday afternoon for Rocky Harbour as we were all set for "Walk the Rock" up Gros Morne mountain. The weather however did not cooperate as it was a forecast of 90% rain for Monday. Sherry decided that it would not only be "nasty" climbing in the rain but very dangerous coming down. So she rescheduled for a couple weeks from now. She let those know who were planning to do the walk with her that the schedule had been changed because of weather. I am so glad she made that "call" as Monday it rained all day and was windy. So Mike and Sherry and a few others will climb the mountain in a few weeks. We have spent the last couple days sight-seeing and connecting with some of Sherry's friends and family. Sherry and Mike talk constantly about the team that came in August and cannot wait until having another team come next summer.
|What a view! We live in a beautiful country from coast to coast|
|Sherry and Mike|
|Mike proudly sporting his iam1ru shirt beside the iam1ru banner|
|speaking at the fundraising breakfast|
|Sherry with some good friends (and supporters)|