Friday, November 8, 2013

Reflection (from Sherry Tamakloe)

I am just sitting here tonight writing up Dreams to be posted, some for Christmas and others just everyday dreams. I am going through pictures to find ones to use for the dreams and I started looking at the Team pictures from August and start feeling a little homesick.

As Christmas approaches I find myself feeling a little lonely for MY friends and family back home. Thinking of Christmas gatherings, carol singing, TURKEY and more TURKEY I wish I could hop on a plane and be there for the festivities. And then I start writing Dreams for Christmas parties, Christmas meals and gatherings that will take place here in Ghana over the holidays, I realize that without your help, your sponsorship and Mike and I being here in Ghana at this time of year, many would not know that Christmas means very much at all.

Mike talks of his childhood Christmases as knowing that this time of year it means that you get more food, a bigger piece of chicken, a little more rice and maybe just maybe you get to eat twice a day for a couple of days.

Then I am reminded that as much as I begin to miss my family and friends, we are making new family right here with every dream that's fulfilled.

So my early Christmas Wish this year is that each of you will go to the iam1ru website, go to Ghana Dreams and help us, help others this Christmas season..
Merry Early Christmas from our Family to Yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment