Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Just in time

From Michelle Desaulniers - Dream Agent in El Salvador:
Every Thursday evening I go out with friends to feed the homeless on the streets of San Salvador. I love this program! I love to see the smiles on all the faces when we offer them food. But this last time I went out I saw something I had never seen before. I have seen naked men, crazed men, drugged out men, women that are really men (sometimes topless) but never before had I seen a person searching through the trash outside of Pizza Hut. Just as our truck pulled up on this street - there he was - picking through the trash and he had just found a medium sized pizza covered in garbage and he had his hand on it to pick it up and eat it when we asked him if he wanted food. We arrived just in time bringing hope and a smile. This is what life is all about!




No comments:

Post a Comment