Monday, January 30, 2012

Wrongly Judging

In two previous posts (titled Judgement Calls 1 and 2), I outlined my thought process in regards to my interaction with the family at the river in Linares, Mexico.  I could go on and on about my back-and-forth thoughts over the last couple of days, but I will not overload you with all the details. However, I think I need to share a bit to give you some context for my response.
I have decided to help this family once again. How many times have I needed a second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth chance?  If you have a concept of "God" at all, I hope it is one of a God that is full of grace and mercy and second chances. Heaven knows that I have needed more than one chance many times. This family needs the same. I have not walked in their shoes. I have not spent my entire life living in a makeshift shack with dirt floors. I have, however, spent my life being offered more than one chance to get something right. So..... It took me a bit...I am relearning again the power of grace and mercy.
So the dream is posted. We will do what I believe is the right thing to do. We will offer what has been offered to us many times. More than one chance. How many you might ask? Well...as many as it takes. That is how mercy responds. You can check out the dream HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment