Saturday, March 3, 2012

Guatemala - Day One

I am certain there are many of you who have been waiting for an update, and I apologize for taking so long.  I can assure you this is the first time we've had available to do so since we arrived!
After a very early morning start (4:30am departure from Freedom Church), we arrived in Guatemala close to midnight local time.  We were all exhausted, but a sense of excitement and anticipation was in the air.  We cleared customs with no real problems, and with our luggage in tow, we were ready.  

We were up early this morning, excited and looking forward to the day.  I was sent out with the build team today and it was incredible, the pictures will never do justice to what was experienced there by the team.  To see the kids running towards the van as all the "gringos" piled out ready to start building homes, it was priceless.  The kids of the area were everywhere, laughing, watching, wide eyed with happiness and joy. 



I know most of you would like to hear the details, but I don't feel like it's my place to share the real stories of the teams.  I want to leave that for them.  I want the teams to tell you, their loved ones, there own stories.  So until you hear their experiences from them, these pictures will have to give you a glimpse into what our first day has been like. 









3 comments:

  1. Hi Jordi and everyone else! What a great photo! So glad to see an update. No surprise seeing all the kids around you! Good luck and enjoy the rest of your time there :)
    Love, mom (Nancy)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great start to a week which will I am sure will be an positive and heart=filled adventure for everyone.
    Love you Joanne and Jessica

    Mark Stever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics - you must have an incredible photographer with you!

    ReplyDelete